Car Vent Phone Mount Review
Summary: A popular solution for mounting phones is by a device that inserts into the fins of air vents to grasp the inserted mount which holds the phone.
Price: Between $6 and $25
Made With: Plastic and metal brackets
Pros: Does not obstruct the road view so it is legal placement in all States.
Cons: It blocks air vents and the heat from the surrounding air vents can cause physical issues with your phone. Having to turn your head to interact with your phone is dangerous. Bumps in the road cause the phone to shake up and down causing stress on the mount. Cheap plastic breaks easily.
From Actual Reviews: (Source)
- Metal prongs scratch air vent
- Bumps on road bounces phone off mount
- Dropped call from metal plate that weakens signal
- Heating and cooling can damage the phone
- Unable to adjust away from sun glare
Risk For Tickets:
There are no known risks for tickets in any State unless you are handling your phone excessively.